Staying married means playing together. So these are some fun and playful ideas for celebrating your anniversary.
1. Cover the bed and floor with rose petals. Just keep them out of reach of young children who might want to eat them.
2. Rose petals scattered on the breakfast table.
3. On the bathroom mirror write “Happy Anniversary” in soap.
4. Make an Happy Anniversary banner to hang up somewhere in the house, or make a sign for the yard.
5. Decorate his and hers chair to look like thrones. King and Queen for the day.
6. Write “Still Married” on the car window, and sting on some cans for your date.
7. Make an extra special breakfast like strawberry cream cheese crepes.
8. Why not serve a mimosa with your romantic breakfast, especially if you don’t have to go to work that day.
9. Share the responsibility in picking out a romantic dinner and make it together or get a sitter and go to a fun restaurant.
10. Start a tradition of giving a few of the same gifts every year. Like a favorite candy bar, balloon bouquet, or roses or other favorite flowers. Get a book from their GoodReads list you know they will enjoy, plus a great anniversary gift.
11. Even though you live together mail the anniversary card, sometimes its nice to get something other than bills or junk mail. You can even mail one from your dog or cat.
12. Have a fun romantic treasure hunt.
13. Put all of their gifts on a pretty display table with flowers.
14. Pick a romantic dessert together or make a cake together.